Re: Transition sane-backends

Am 17.08.2018 um 07:17 schrieb Jörg Frings-Fürst:
> No problem, I have ask my sponsor to remove the 1.0.27 release from
> unstable and upload the lastest 1.0.25 again.

You can't really remove a release once it has been uploaded to the
archive. As Andreas wrote, you can simply reupload the older version
with a fake higher version which supersedes the one in unstable.
This can be achieved via an epoch or using the the +really notation. The
later is preferable for a case like this, as this is just a one-time
issue, epochs would stay around forever though.

That said, couldn't you just upload 1.0.27 without the package rename?
The 1.0.25 version is so horribly outdated and doesn't support newer
hardware anymore (I have two scanners e.g. which are not supported by
1.0.25, so I currently have to build my own sane packages).

I would really appreciate if we had a more recent sane version in
sid/buster.

Regards,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?