Re: Please binNMU linbox against the new libntl

On Thu, 2014-09-25 at 22:46 +0100, Tobias Hansen wrote:
> On 25.09.2014 15:44, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > On 2014-09-25 15:09, Julien Puydt wrote:
> >> the version of libntl which has been recently uploaded in unstable has
> >> rdepends on three packages: eclib, flint and linbox. Both eclib &
> >> flint have either new versions or need a bugfix, and will be pushed
> >> shortly.
> >
> > This is a library transition. The most recent announcement by the
> > release team to debian-devel-announce -
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2014/07/msg00002.html -
> > clearly stated that the deadline for new transitions to be started for
> > jessie was September 9th, i.e. more than two weeks ago.
>
> Sorry about that. I was going to do uploads for eclib and flint right
> now with a lower priority than ntl (medium vs low) and didn't think this
> single binNMU of linbox would need a transition tracker and all that.

It's still a transition, whether there's a tracker for it or not.

> May I upload eclib and flint?

If they don't work with the new libntl, then I guess that should be
okay.

I've scheduled the binNMU for linbox so as to avoid longer term breakage
in unstable; let's see what happens. (Please don't take that as
precedent for the likely grumpiness for future uploads. :P)

Regards,

Adam