Re: please transition from lesstif2 to motif

Hi all,

@ release, I believe a transition problem has started with the upload of
the libpawlib* libraries. As mentioned before, it should have been
coordinated with you beforehand. I am sure the uploaded paw package is
build in an unclean environment, as the

@ Lifeng, have you checked that the cernlib move to libmotif-dev did not
cause any incompatibilities in the symbols of the libraries?

On 24-08-13 09:43, Graham Inggs wrote:
> Hi Lifeng
>
> I was notified of your cernlib and paw uploads.  I see that the paw
> builds are failing because they are trying to build against the
> lesstif-built libxbae in unstable instead of the motif-built libxbae in
> experimental.
>
> On 6 August 2013 20:49, Paul Gevers <elbrus@debian.org
> <mailto:elbrus@debian.org>> wrote:
>
>     @Graham. That would mean a (small) transition (distinct from the motif
>     pne). Please ALWAYS coordinate transitions with the release team. The
>     reportbug tool has a template for that if you run it against the
>     "release.debian.org <http://release.debian.org>" package. I would
>     try to solve this in experimental
>     first, but indeed if Lifeng Sun plans to fix it in one go and agrees
>     (and the release team also agrees) it could be done in unstable as well.
>

> @Paul: How and when should this be coordinated with release team?

BEFORE the upload of the xbea and paw package to unstable. But the
latter has happened now anyways. I think the release team needs to be
involved ASAP.

I think the easiest way forward is to get xbea into unstable, but that
means we start the transition, and that needs permission of the release
team.

An other solution is to revert the transition to libmotif-dev in the paw
package for now and reupload. The question remains if the cernlib move
to libmotif-dev is "clean".

Paul