Re: please transition from lesstif2 to motif

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 10:52:57AM +0200, Paul Gevers wrote:
> On 24-08-13 09:43, Graham Inggs wrote:
> > Hi Lifeng
> > On 6 August 2013 20:49, Paul Gevers <elbrus@debian.org
> > <mailto:elbrus@debian.org>> wrote:
> >
> >     @Graham. That would mean a (small) transition (distinct from the motif
> >     pne). Please ALWAYS coordinate transitions with the release team. The
> >     reportbug tool has a template for that if you run it against the
> >     "release.debian.org <http://release.debian.org>" package. I would
> >     try to solve this in experimental
> >     first, but indeed if Lifeng Sun plans to fix it in one go and agrees
> >     (and the release team also agrees) it could be done in unstable as well.
> >

> > @Paul: How and when should this be coordinated with release team?
>
> BEFORE the upload of the xbea and paw package to unstable. But the
> latter has happened now anyways. I think the release team needs to be
> involved ASAP.

xbae *is* just about the world's smallest transition: exactly two source
packages that Build-Depend on it, and the other one is maintained by me so I
can upload it immediately after xbae.  Both packages are part of the broader
libmotif transition as well.  It probably doesn't need a separate ben file.

--
Nicholas Breen
nbreen@debian.org