Re: Bits from the release team (freeze time line)

On 2013-12-27 21:08, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 06:08:03PM +0100, Niels Thykier wrote:
>> We are happy to use results from other automated tests (like
>> autopkgtest [DEP8]) in the same way, as soon as someone runs them on
>> the entire archive and gives us a machine-readable list of the
>> results.
>>
>> [DEP8] http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep8/
>
> I am playing with something for this. It's in a very initial stage, so
> take it with a grain of salt:
>
> http://dep8.debian.net/
>
> Please have a look at http://dep8.debian.net/data/packages.json and let
> me know what other information you would need there.

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for looking into it.  At first glance, the exported json looks
good!  I am a bit curious on how we will distinguish a "has-no-tests"
from a "not-tested-yet" case.

Does your runner support retesting packages when a dependency is
updated?  E.g. if a new version of APT is uploaded, will it schedule the
tests for python-apt (assuming the latter has DEP-8 tests)[1]?  It is by
no means a blocker, but I know there has been interest in the feature.

Before we can integrate it, we will probably need some way of fetching
it securely (e.g. via https or ssh).

Great work so far and thanks for looking into it!

~Niels

[1] If python-apt's tests were to fail in that case, APT would be blamed
for it by default as APT might have broken backwards compatibility.