Re: Please wheezy-ignore #695716

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:50:34PM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> Users should not have to upgrade stable to new testing (Jessie) to fix
> RC bugs which could have been fixed in stable. Nor should users be
> expected to inspect details of the package in versions outside stable
> to make decisions on the licensing of packages in stable. (Otherwise,
> we'd keep all the copyright files on a server somewhere and save many
> Gb of archive space.)

Sorry, but that's stupid. We're legally required by most licenses to
ship the license info with the binary package. That's not primarily for
users to base their decisions on.

> If Debian allowed bugs fixed in unstable only to no longer be RC, we
> might already have released but users would have been no better off.

There are classes of bugs that are ignored by us if they're fixed in
unstable, copyright clarifications are among them.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern