Re: Please wheezy-ignore #695716

On Thu, January 17, 2013 23:50, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 19:51:13 +0000
> Robert Lemmen <robertle@semistable.com> wrote:
>
>> #695716 is a GFDL-bug, upstream has relicensed their docs and released a
>> new version 0.6.7, I have updated the package and uploaded to unstable.
>
> ... which won't get into testing.

In the past it has been deemed acceptable that such licencing problems are
considered solved when upstream clearly declared a licence change, even if
updated licencing statements in the sources files have not yet permeated
into all supported releases.

I can therefore imagine that an upload to tpu which updates
debian/copyright to state the new licence of the documentation would be
enough to solve the administrative problem that this is, and doesn't
require to split source packages.

This is under the assumption that the existing documentation has actually
been relicenced, of course it would be different if the documentation has
been replaced with completely different documentation to solve the licence
issue. But as far as I understand this is not the case.

Cheers,
Thijs