Re: Please wheezy-ignore #695716

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:50:34PM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> Why couldn't an upload of cgdb 0.6.6-3 have been made with only the
> changes to the docs licensing?

this is a source package problem, so it would have to be a
0.6.6+dfsg1-1 with repackaged source.

> Would have been easier if you'd not uploaded 0.6.7 and then filed an
> unblock request bug at release.debian.org to allow an upload of 0.6.6-3
> to be unblocked, then upload 0.6.7 sometime after 0.6.6-3 had been
> unblocked and migrated.

yes, I did overlook the other changes in the packaga and assumed it's
only the licensing, in which case the upload of 0.6.7 + unblock would
have been the goal

> Whatever happens, it will be a lot easier for the release team to
> decide on this is you file a bug against release.debian.org instead of
> this issue getting lost in the traffic from the mailing list.

happily, but I am not sure what to do and seek advice.

basically I see two options:

a) repackage the source (a bit messsy), upload to TPU.

b) it was suggested that this could be a wheezy-ignore case. I heard
your arguments against it and agree in principle, but one could also
argue that this is a little bit of an academic problem given that a free
version of the same file is already floating around...

thanks  robert

--
Robert Lemmen                               http://www.semistable.com