Re: Architecture qualification

* Cyril Brulebois (kibi@debian.org) [120516 11:31]:
> Andreas Barth <aba@ayous.org> (16/05/2012):
> > Anyways, if the most concering issue is that there is currently only
> > one swarm-type mips buildd, we could just use the spare machine we
> > have and add another one. (Normally packages can build on any
> > hardware, but sometimes it's more favourable to distribute packages
> > accordingly between different hardware types - nothing too bad, but
> > sometimes e.g. RAM is more important than many processors).
>
> Whatever is done, we need packages to build, reliably and not as slowly
> as these days (week, months…). The current situation is really painful.

Looking at mips and its backlog of less than 10 packages, I don't know
why you write "months". There is no package currently waiting for
being built for more than a day on mips (or at least: hadn't been
tried since less than a day - things like the mysql-hickup may make a
difference here, but that's not mips specific).

Of course, accidents happen as on any architecture, e.g. recently a
buggy package decided to block a buildd exclusivly for two weeks until
I manually kill the build (activly circumventing the buildds safety
mechanismn), but that could happen on any hardware and architecture.

Andi