Re: Architecture qualification

On Tue, 2012-05-15 at 21:22 +0200, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> On 15/05/12 17:18, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > http://release.debian.org/wheezy/arch_qualify.html
>
> Should we add a row labeled "auto-signing" there?
>
> auto-signing makes things less a PITA and make transitions run (a bit)
> faster. It'd be very nice if we could require auto-signing for release
> architectures. It has been done for security already.

Well, given how close we (hopefully) are to the freeze, we'd mostly be
talking about supporting the architecture in stable, where transitions
are obviously not an issue.

It might be worth considering as a criterion for wheezy+1, I'm not sure
it's beneficial to enforce it as a blocker for wheezy.  In any case,
it's not really something that the porters can comment on / change,
unless they also happen to be buildd admins or wb-team.

Regards,

Adam