Re: php-memcached upload to stable-proposed-updates

On 14.03.2012 11:00, Sergey B Kirpichev wrote:
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:43:24AM +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
I wasn't suggesting modifying the upstream tarball.

Yep, you do so.  Please, just take look first on the package.

I admit I looked at the wheezy package originally, rather than the squeeze one, to make sure that the proposed fix was applied there. However, I wasn't expecting anything as crazy as the squeeze package. :-(

It declares itself as source format "3.0 (quilt)", but is shipped as tarball-in-tarball. In fact, it's not just tarball-in-tarball, but the .orig.tar.gz contains nothing but another .tgz which is somewhat boggling tbh. Do you know if there's any logic at all to the packaging? I do note that the newer versions look saner, thankfully...

Regards,

Adam