Re: emacsen-common 2.0.4 - acceptable for wheezy?

(Release team: please see the end of this message in particular...)

intrigeri <intrigeri@debian.org> writes:

> I removed a bit of the dust accumulated on my elisp skills and
> reviewed the proposed changes. They look sane.
> (Disclaimer: I'm not a release team member.)
>
> I've tested the proposed patch with emacs24 on Wheezy, and the diff
> between the resulting load-path's (patched vs. unpatched) looks good:
> /etc/emacs and /usr/local are now indeed listed before the add-ons
> directories.

That's great -- thanks.

> It still looks like magic to me how the add-ons directories end up in
> load-path at all, given it looks like we remove them in
> debian-run-directories, immediately after letting the startup hooks
> add them, but still, they do end up where they should, so I guess I'm
> missing some bits of the Emacs startup big picture and I don't worry
> about it :)

Right.  I believe newer versions of Emacs automatically add directories
in some situations.  As I recently mentioned elsewhere, I think it might
be worth taking some time to review the way we handle the load-path in
light of those changes, but that probably can (and should) wait until
after Wheezy.

>> +    Thanks to Hendrik Tews <hendrik@askra.de> for the report and Kevin
>> +    Ryde <user42@zip.com.au> for an initial suggested patch -- posted to
>> +    #454778. (closes: #676424)
>
> Shouldn't #454778 be closed by this upload too, then?

Possibly.  Also...

Release team: at this point, please hold off on 2.0.4 -- another bug has
been discovered that should probably also be included in wheezy:

I'm waiting to see if Sébastien has time to review my fix, and then I'll
generate a 2.0.5 and resubmit.

And when I submit 2.0.5 here, should I include the debdiff against
2.0.4, or the full debdiff against what's currently in wheezy (i.e
including the 2.0.4 and 2.0.5 diffs)?

Thanks
--
Rob Browning