Re: emacsen-common 2.0.4 - acceptable for wheezy?

Hi,

Rob Browning wrote (03 Dec 2012 01:41:26 GMT) :
> I haven't uploaded it yet (wanted to ask first), but the debdiff is
> below.  Please let me know if I should proceed with an upload, or make
> changes -- #674181 is minor (doc change); #676424 is serious.

Thank you for tackling this RC bug.

I removed a bit of the dust accumulated on my elisp skills and
reviewed the proposed changes. They look sane.
(Disclaimer: I'm not a release team member.)

I've tested the proposed patch with emacs24 on Wheezy, and the diff
between the resulting load-path's (patched vs. unpatched) looks good:
/etc/emacs and /usr/local are now indeed listed before the
add-ons directories.

It still looks like magic to me how the add-ons directories end up in
load-path at all, given it looks like we remove them in
debian-run-directories, immediately after letting the startup hooks
add them, but still, they do end up where they should, so I guess I'm
missing some bits of the Emacs startup big picture and I don't worry
about it :)

> +    Thanks to Hendrik Tews <hendrik@askra.de> for the report and Kevin
> +    Ryde <user42@zip.com.au> for an initial suggested patch -- posted to
> +    #454778. (closes: #676424)

Shouldn't #454778 be closed by this upload too, then?

Cheers!
--
  intrigeri