Re: Unblock request for dovecot

On Sun, 25 Nov 2012, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:

FWIW, It can't be unblocked because of #693114.

Please open an "unblock" bugreport against release.debian.org when icedove
is ready.

If you like I can change the severity of the bug but that's about it. As I wrote in that bug report, there is no solution that will work for everyone because the root of the problem is that in Debian, mailboxes in /var/mail are owned by group mail and this is not going to change in the near term and perhaps not ever. So I merely documented the situation. I don't know what else I can do to make it "readier".