xfce4-session: Please unfreeze fix for xfce sessions saving bug (fwd)

(resend due to broken email address)
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 13:21:46 +0100 (CET)
From: Tomas Pospisek To: debian-release@lists.debian
Cc: 686565@bugs.debian.org
Subject: xfce4-session: Please unfreeze fix for xfce sessions saving bug

Hello Debian Release Team,

today http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=686565 hit me: out of a sudden Xfce will start *without* a window manager which, depending on which application starts last will leave you without any possiblities to have a working desktop apart from changing to a terminal (CTRL-ALT-Fx) and starting the window manager from there manually:

   $ DISPLAY=:0.0 xfwm4 &

Not even a reboot fixes the problem AFAICS.

I think the recently uploaded xcfe4-session package fixes only this single
problem and as such *should* be safe:

  http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/x/xfce4-session/xfce4-session_4.8.3-3/changelog

(comment from package maintainer wellcome)

Please save Xfce users the pain of their desktop breaking out of the blue - please let this package migrate to wheezy.

Thanks,
*t

PS: The severity of the bug is at "normal" only.