Re: Possible testing-proposed-updates upload for circuits 1.6-1?

Hello Adam,

On Sunday 08 July 2012 20:56:06 Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> You didn't understand correctly.  t-p-u is intended to handle cases
> where the package in unstable is unsuitable for unblocking and an
> important (i.e. RC) bug fix needs to get to testing.

Many thanks for your explaination and sorry for the noise.

> If 1.6-1 were suitable for unblocking (which based on the size of the
> debdiff I'm not convinced) then that would be from unstable, not via t-p-
> u.

Thanks again (this is my first Debian release as a contributor ;), now I
understand.

Well, now that I full understand the release policy, and since circuits
1.6-1 doesn't fix RC bugs, I think that the best solution to have circuits
1.6-1 in Wheezy is to wait the release and backport it after Wheezy will be
released.

 Daniele Tricoli 'Eriol'
 http://mornie.org