Re: open-iscsi's propagation to Wheezy

On 08.07.2012 14:30, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
On Sunday 08 July 2012 06:11 PM, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
Thankfully you can read up yourself:
  http://release.debian.org/britney/update_excuses.html#open-iscsi

I already had seen that. open-iscsi-udeb depends on scsi-modules, which is not built of armel and some other archs. So I put a defined list of
archs for the open-iscsi-udeb package.

That stops the package being built on those architectures, it doesn't make the old packages on the architectures go away. You need to do that, as per the wiki link Cyril provided.

From this log,

https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?arch=sparc&pkg=open-iscsi&ver=2.0.873-1,
how do I figure out if previously the .udeb package was ever built
successfully.

Run "dak ls open-iscsi-udeb" on ries.d.o.

You may want to learn about binary removals:
  http://wiki.debian.org/ftpmaster_Removals

I am not sure if any binary package is to be removed.

Yes, open-iscsi-udeb needs removing on any architecture where it previously build and no longer is. I think I suggested that back at the start of this thread. :-/

Regards,

Adam