Re: about rule #7 in freeze policy

On 03/07/2012 19:55, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
On Tue, 2012-07-03 at 19:41 +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
Rule #7 at freeze policy page[1] is not very clear to me: is it
sufficient to only use reportbug (with "unblock" pseudo-package), or if
I can do that AND send a request to the mailing list.

It says "either by X or Y"; that means do one or the other.  I can't
stretch that wording to imply "or both".  (That would be "and/or".)

I think it would
better to get rid of the last 2 sentences, since they add to the confusion.

You mean "Don't expect us to find out about it on our own.  Putting a
comment in the changelog is not contacting the release team." ?

Please could you explain how this is confusing?  (A serious question.
It says "you must contact us", in a section which is about contacting
us, so seems quite unconfusing imho.)

I was not sure that filing a bug report was seen as "contacting us", and the "Don't expect us to find out about it on our own" could be taken as "find out about the bug report"... and I have been known to miss what others find obvious :)