about rule #7 in freeze policy

Rule #7 at freeze policy page[1] is not very clear to me: is it sufficient to only use reportbug (with "unblock" pseudo-package), or if I can do that AND send a request to the mailing list. I think it would better to get rid of the last 2 sentences, since they add to the confusion.

Also, I saw somewhere that it's preferred if the reportbug is preferable to sending request to the mailing list, since it's easier to track that way. Maybe this can be mentioned in the freeze policy?

1: http://release.debian.org/wheezy/freeze_policy.html