Re: ruby-rubymail (NEW) and sup-mail

Hi!

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 21:15:17 +0200, Per Andersson wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> The RC bug #678269 is filed against sup-mail because it fails
>> running with Ruby 1.8. [0]
>>
> 1.8 or 1.9?

The current sup-mail fails to run with 1.9.1.

>> [0] http://bugs.debian.org/678269
>>
>> A while back ago I adopted sup-mail and have recently fixed
>> so it runs with Ruby 1.9.1, which is now default in Debian.
>>
>> In the process of fixing sup-mail for Ruby 1.9.1 I have also
>> adopted librmail-ruby1.8 and moved to the new Ruby policy
>> and gem2deb packaging.
>>
>> sup-mail is not uploaded yet though since it depends on
>> ruby-rubymail which is in NEW.
>>
> If you need NEW to fix RC bugs, it's usually a sign that you're doing it
> wrong.  Can't sup-mail be made to work with the current librmail-ruby?

Probably so. There are many changes and I have transitioned almost
all sup-mail's dependencies to the new ruby policy (so they run under
Ruby 1.9.1). It happens that ruby-rubymail was not uploaded until a few
days ago because of people's lack of time (IANADD).

It might be possible to make it all run under Ruby 1.8, I don't know. But I
would rather not go down that road when I now have gone through all the
trouble (quite much actually) to fix everything so it runs under Ruby 1.9.1.

Refrasing my original (still unanswered) question: Will whatever was
uploaded to NEW before the freeze be processed or was that already
frozen before the freeze?

--
Per