Re: how does the freeze work?

On Wed, 2012-06-20 at 23:32 +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> Last I checked, a freeze meant that anything already uploaded to
> unstable at the time when the 'freeze' button is pressed automatically
> transitions to Testing as normal.

A freeze means packages stop migrating without manual action from the
release team.  That's it.  Anything else is detail of a specific freeze.

> Has this changed? If so, why? And if so, can you move freeze to
> Jul 01...

This sounds like you think there's a freeze in place already.  There
isn't.

> it appears there's way too many
> people worried their shiniest new thing won't enter Wheezy (e.g.
> bumping urgency). Why not?

Yes.  The target date(ish) for freeze was announced a year ago.  Do you
honestly believe we'll ever reach a point where there aren't people
worrying about something getting in?

Regards,

Adam