Re: how does the freeze work?

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 11:41 PM, Adam D. Barratt
<adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-06-20 at 23:32 +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
>> Last I checked, a freeze meant that anything already uploaded to
>> unstable at the time when the 'freeze' button is pressed automatically
>> transitions to Testing as normal.
>
> A freeze means packages stop migrating without manual action from the
> release team.  That's it.  Anything else is detail of a specific freeze.

okay, I see

>> Has this changed? If so, why? And if so, can you move freeze to
>> Jul 01...
>
> This sounds like you think there's a freeze in place already.  There
> isn't.

I'm aware the button hasn't been pushed yet.

>> it appears there's way too many
>> people worried their shiniest new thing won't enter Wheezy (e.g.
>> bumping urgency). Why not?
>
> Yes.  The target date(ish) for freeze was announced a year ago.  Do you
> honestly believe we'll ever reach a point where there aren't people
> worrying about something getting in?

I understand, but it would be nice though if stuff already in Unstable
would get in automatically, so people don't have to worry whether or
not what they uploaded 9 days ago will actually be in Wheezy.