Re: Removing Boost 1.46

On Mon, Jun  4, 2012 at 21:08:23 -0500, Steve M. Robbins wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The output from "dak" for removing source boost1.46 lists a number of
> broken r-deps, which is to be expected.  I had expected that all such
> packages should be part of the Boost transition tracker [1] but
> surprisingly, two are missing:
>
>   gpsshogi: gpsshogi [amd64 i386]
>   libosl: libosl1 [amd64 i386]
>
> Can these be added to the transition tracker?
>
> [1] http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/boost1.49.html
>

> There are additionally three broken build-depends, all of which have
> trivial fixes that I can NMU, if required.  I've added a blocking bug
> for each against this removal bug.  Do you want me to NMU these
> three prior to removal?

I think the main blocker for boost1.46 removal from testing right now is
quantlib.  Maybe we should give up on that for arm, mipsen and s390, and
get the existing out of date rquantlib and quantlib-swig binaries
removed.  Maintainer added to cc.

As for the rest that would mean removing the following source packages
from testing:
boost1.46 bitcoin kraft gpsshogi libosl rdkit yade cinfony pycuda
pyopencl

Cheers,
Julien