Re: broken cvs in squeeze-security

Bernhard R. Link dixit:

>The effect you see is usually not from a unclean chroot, but from a
>non-minimal chroot.

Non-minimal is unclean.

>It essentially means that the cvs package misses
>either code to mitigate this or misses a Build-Conflicts.

Possibly… the package from squeeze and older is positively
ancient, and I am not familiar with its packaging style.

>The following patch moves he deletion behind dh_compress,
>thus actually matching something.

OK. Thanks!

Should I upload this, or does someone else (security team?
stable release team?) want to do it? If I should upload it,
where (as strictly spoken it’s not a security issue)?

Just scheduling a binNMU in stable would almost certainly
have taken care of it as well, so if that option persists,
I’d not be opposed to it. It’s probably easier, too…

bye,
//mirabilos
existence.		-- Coywolf Qi Hunt