Re: RFS: libconfig (requires transition)

On 30/01/12 19:15, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 15:00:23 +0000, Jonathan McCrohan wrote:
>> On 27/01/12 19:23, Julien Cristau wrote:
>>> No it doesn't?  You can rename the -dev package to
>>> libconfig-dev if you want, but certainly don't *need* to, and
>>> if you do it, then it would be way better from our point of
>>> view to keep building libconfig8-dev as a transitional package
>>> until the reverse deps are updated, and to do that separately
>>> from the SONAME bump.
>> If its ok, I'll leave the package as is.
> Sigh.

I can change it if it makes it easier for you so. Your paragraph above
made it sound as if it didn't matter which way it was done.

>> To clarify, what is the process for this transition? Will the
>> package be uploaded to experimental to allow me to report bug
>> reports and patches against dependant packages?
> I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

This is my first upload which requires a transition, and I am unsure
of what happens next. It seems common for packages to be uploaded to
experimental for a time prior to the actual transistion to allow other
maintainers update their packages accordingly. I was wondering will
this be the case with this transition?

Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)