Re: next slbackup-php (and slbackup) release targeted for squeeze, important for Debian Edu squeeze release

Hi Adam,

On Do 19 Jan 2012 22:55:28 CET "Adam D. Barratt" wrote:

On Thu, 2012-01-19 at 19:42 +0100, Mike Gabriel wrote:
On Mi 18 Jan 2012 14:09:57 CET Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:

>> slbackup-php
>> ------------
>> -> not uploaded yet...

A new version has been uploaded to Debian sid (0.3-3).

Great.

> Once that is done and it has a chance for any bugs to be revealed,
> you should build stable packages and prepare a debdiff for the
> release team.
> They prefer a bug against release.debian.org with your debdiff attached.

A debdiff is attached to this mail.

Thanks, although I think there may have been some confusion.  The
intention is to build - and ideally test ;-) - an updated package on
stable and then prepare and send the debdiff between that and the
current package in stable.  Note that the packaging changes -
particularly the patch system change - generally aren't appropriate for
stable updates.

The package builds under Debian squeeze and it has been tested with Debian Edu squeeze beta2+.

The debdiff I sent is between 0.3-2.2 (which is in squeeze) and 0.3-3 (which we uploaded to sid). Is that what you demand above?

The package change: here is an issue. We have to apply patches to upstream and there was no patch system involved so far (as upstream and downstream used to be the same people, not so currently). How can we address that?

Thanks,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B

freeBusy: