Re: Update the killer package in Squeeze?

On 18.01.2012 13:09, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> (18/01/2012):
I'm fine with this reduced approach too.  Here is another proposal
with only the bug fixes.  Just let me know which of these are ok for
Squeeze, and I'll do the upload.

That looks much better, thanks.

Ack.

Now, moving on to other important points:
 - you need to fix bugs in unstable first, and then only backport the
   changes to stable.
 - your upload would be rejected anyway, as the version number is
   lower than the one in unstable.

It looks like the updated package hit unstable some time this morning, and udd / rmadison hasn't noticed yet. (Random hypothesis, UDD's package update procedure is to pull from a mirror so will only update after dinstall).

 - I think 0.90-7+squeeze1 would be better, but I guess it's only a
   matter of habit/personal taste.

The SRMs generally think it's better, too. :-) Although it's only an issue in a few cases, +squeeze1 has the advantage of being greater than +b1...

Regards,

Adam