Re: [SRM] proposed stable update deja-dup

On Sat, 2011-09-10 at 13:54 +0200, Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
> > I see a package has now landed in p-u-NEW.  In case it wasn't clear
> > from the above, "the issue needs fixing in unstable before we look at
> > stable" did *not* mean "please upload to stable without any further
> > discussion as soon as you've uploaded to unstable".
>
> I do apologize for having misunderstood. The patch is very targeted,
> small and I have been using it on my machines since that discussion, so
> it felt good enough for me. I will be less bold next time.

I should also apologise for being a little terser than I should have
been.

> > Now that the upload has been made, it'll get reviewed in due course
> > but, at least personally, not until it's been in unstable for a while
> > longer, built on all architectures, and without any apparent issues.
>
> Please note that the codebase has received a significant amount of
> changes between the version currently in stable and the one in unstable.

Given the size of the patch, I was assuming there might be an
intermediate unstable upload which would allow the patch to be tested;
obviously that's ended up not being the case.  It looks like the
relevant part of the code is still quite similar though, at least at
first glance.

fwiw, the new unstable upload also appears to FTBFS on almost all
architectures
(<URL:https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=deja-dup>).

Regards,

Adam