Re: [SRM] proposed stable update deja-dup

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 11:09:29 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 11:43:39 +0200, Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
As Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo seems really busy, I have prepared a stable update for deja-dup. It is meant to fix #624598 which prevents sudo users
restore their backup.
[...]
Please let me know if this change is elligible for the next stable point
release.

Thanks for working on this.

From a quick scan of the bug log, this issue sounds like it would be
suitable for fixing in stable.  However, so far as I can see the bug
has only been closed in an upload to experimental and still affects
unstable; it would need to be resolved in unstable as well before we
looked at applying the patch to stable.

I see a package has now landed in p-u-NEW. In case it wasn't clear from the above, "the issue needs fixing in unstable before we look at stable" did *not* mean "please upload to stable without any further discussion as soon as you've uploaded to unstable".

Now that the upload has been made, it'll get reviewed in due course but, at least personally, not until it's been in unstable for a while longer, built on all architectures, and without any apparent issues.

Regards,

Adam