Re: [SRM] proposed stable update deja-dup

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 10:42:39AM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> >From a quick scan of the bug log, this issue sounds like it would be
> >suitable for fixing in stable.  However, so far as I can see the bug
> >has only been closed in an upload to experimental and still affects
> >unstable; it would need to be resolved in unstable as well before we
> >looked at applying the patch to stable.
>
> I see a package has now landed in p-u-NEW.  In case it wasn't clear
> from the above, "the issue needs fixing in unstable before we look at
> stable" did *not* mean "please upload to stable without any further
> discussion as soon as you've uploaded to unstable".

I do apologize for having misunderstood. The patch is very targeted,
small and I have been using it on my machines since that discussion, so
it felt good enough for me. I will be less bold next time.

> Now that the upload has been made, it'll get reviewed in due course
> but, at least personally, not until it's been in unstable for a while
> longer, built on all architectures, and without any apparent issues.

Please note that the codebase has received a significant amount of
changes between the version currently in stable and the one in unstable.

Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism
                                    `. `'`
                                      `-