Re: ca-certificates version number reuse

[Re-adding some context for ftpmasters]

On Thursday 01 September 2011 01:38:30 Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Thu, Sep  1, 2011 at 07:30:24 +0200, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> > After the ca-certficates update to stable was installed into the archive,
> > it was found out that its version number 20090814+nmu3 had already been
> > used in the first upload to unstable after the squeeze release. This is
> > unfortunate, but because the update has already been installed into the
> > security archive the damage has been done and we cannot reupload with a
> > 'better' version.
> >
> > It doesn't impact the usefulness of the security update as stable users
> > will never have seen this unstable version. Because unstable has seen
> > more updates since, it will not impact future upgrades from squeeze to
> > wheezy.
> >
> > Is there somewhere a problem coming from this that we need to resolve,
> > and if so, how to best resolve it?
>
> It'll never get accepted into the main ftp.d.o archive for inclusion in
> point releases for new CDs etc.  One way to resolve this is to upload a
> 20090814+nmu3squeeze1 version to stable including the changes from the
> DSA, I think?

ftpmasters: we would also need you to remove +nmu3 from the security archive,
wouldn't we?

*Sigh* this is yet another bit of the DSA release process that needs to be
automated.

Do we have a place where we can easily check if a given version of a given
package has ever been uploaded to anywhere in ftpmaster? does dak keep all
that info in its database?

Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net