Re: launchpad-work-items-tracker: flexible enough for Debian?

On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 12:16:54 +0200, Martin Pitt <mpitt@debian.org> wrote:
> Hello Paul,
>
> CC'ing James Westby and keeping fullquote for him.
>
> Paul Wise [2011-07-07 13:26 +0200]:
> > I noticed launchpad-work-items-tracker and status.l.o/status.u.c and was
> > wondering how flexible it is and how closely tied to launchpad it is?
> > Since Debian doesn't use launchpad we would need the possibility to
> > replace the data collection and storage.
>
> Right now it is able to pull WIs from Launchpad Blueprints (our
> primary method), Launchpad bug collections (i. e. anything you can
> express in terms of a search query, like "all bugs on project foo with
> tag bar), or wiki pages. In principle, it can be taught to pull from
> other data sources, of course. The transition tracker and Debian bugs
> would be natural data sources.
>
> Since I wrote it, James Westby has refactored the code completely,
> with some more abstractions, and using python-storm. He can probably
> explain better than me now which parts need to be changed (I'd be
> interested in that as well :) ).

You could use the tracker with a completely different "collect"
script. This is the script that pulls from Launchpad currently.

The HTML generation is completely independent from Launchpad. It works
from an sqlite db and model of blueprints etc.

If you can write a script to poll your data sources and massage that
info in to the db schema then you'll be able to generate the HTML from
the db in the same way that we do.

You can see the schema at

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~work-items-tracker-hackers/launchpad-work-items-tracker/trunk/view/head:/lpworkitems/database.py

Thanks,