Re: SAT based britney

Hi,

On Thu, 23 Jun 2011, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> arch:all are, besides Conflicts, another flaw in my proposal that I
> recently discovered: First, the semantics is not clear to me (should it
> be installable on all arches? one any arch? on one particular, as it is
> now?).

FWIW the current britney only considers installability of arch all on i386.
I would suggest to mimick this for a start.

> My impression is that the release team is happy with their current tools
> and that the new britney2 is meant to improve the things that are not so
> good today, so maybe a SAT-based britney would not be so great after
> all.

I don't think this is true.

I saw notes taken during the last release team saying that they were
interested in the concept. And it's Mehdi who asked Ralf and Zack to give
their feedback because they wanted to gather more information on the idea.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)