Re: SAT based britney

On 23/06/2011 15:34, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> I don't think this is true.
>
> I saw notes taken during the last release team saying that they were
> interested in the concept. And it's Mehdi who asked Ralf and Zack to give
> their feedback because they wanted to gather more information on the idea.

Yes, but zack's answer confirms that (at least for me) we won't have any
better solutions because testing migration problem isn't a trivial
problem. So, personally, I remain not convinced that a new SAT solver
would make things easier or better for us. We will have to enter "hints"
(no matter what implementation is used) to make choices the solver can't
infer automatically. (as julien said in the beginning of this thread).
Having that said, what might help us is to optimize britney and fix some
corner cases that could be handled in a better way.

At least, that's my own reading of this thread. Other members in the
Release Team can have different opinion on the subject.

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي
mehdi@{dogguy.org,debian.org}