Re: [RFC] libevent 2.0 transition

Hi,

On 19/06/11 21:56, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> Do you plan to keep libevent 1.4, or should I just go ahead and throw my
> new codebase in unstable?

I haven't asked upstream directly, but they don't seem to be planning on
keeping two release branches (no bugfix releases to 1.4), so I wouldn't
plan on doing it in debian either.
If there are more maintainers whose packages have a strict dependency on
libevent 1.4, I'd consider doing it, otherwise it just doesn't seem to
be worth the trouble for a single package which will eventually not
depend on libevent anyway! :)

How much time would you need to get your new version in releasable
shape? I wanted to get libevent in sid as fast as possible because of
another of my packages, but it can wait a bit if it helps.

Cheers

--
Leo "costela" Antunes
[insert a witty retort here]