Re: Openssl 1.0.0

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 09:30:23PM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> We should keep both SONAMES in sid and wheezy for now, IMO.  So I think
> that means first upload openssl 1.0.0 as a new source package without
> the -dev (this can probably happen now).  Then when that's in testing
> and you get an ack, switch the -dev from 0.9.8 to 1.0.0.

If all you want to do is to have both libssl0.9.8 and libssl1.0.0
both in testing at the same time, I don't see why you want to do
it like that.  I could just upload a openssl098 source package
just containing libssl0.9.8(-dbg), and have the openssl source
package provide libssl1.0.0 and libssl-dev.  It shouldn't take
that long for the openssl098 pacakge to migrate to testing.

I could also upload an openssl098 source package that provides
the libssl0.9.8(-dbg) and libssl-dev binary package.  And I would
upload an openssl source package that provides libssl1.0.0(-dbg),
openssl, and libcrypto1.0.0-udeb, so without -dev package.  And
once openssl098 is migrated to testing I could change the -dev
package.  But it seems to be more work, and I don't see the what
that would gain us.

Kurt