Re: New massxpert source package fixing grave bug

Hello Adam,

thank you for your response. Answers below:

On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 09:31:08PM +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:

> This would be fine; uploading as soon as possible would be appreciated
> in order to have the best chance of getting the fix in to the release.

Will do when you confirm the process below.

> I do have a couple of comments, however:
>
> >  patches/debian-changes-2.3.6-1squeeze1 |   41
> >  +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> Why is this not an explicit patch, rather than the dpkg "mop-up" auto
> patch?

This is the result of running

dpkg-buildpackage -si -kC78F687C -S

when inside of massxpert-2.3.6 when the ../massxpert-2.3.6 contains
massxpert_2.3.6.orig.tar.gz.

As evidence by the output of the dpkg-buildpackage command:

 dpkg-source -b massxpert-2.3.6
dpkg-source: info: using source format `3.0 (quilt)'
dpkg-source: info: building massxpert using existing ./massxpert_2.3.6.orig.tar.gz
dpkg-source: info: local changes stored in massxpert-2.3.6/debian/patches/debian-changes-2.3.6-1squeeze1, the
modified files are:  massxpert-2.3.6/gui/regionSelection.cpp

Is this correct of should I modify my ways ?

> +  * Fix (Closes: #611142)for the crash due to clicking on the left of the
> +    first vignette in the sequence editor. This is a bad bug which can be
> +    fixed with a single if() statement (C++ language).
>
> imho, the last sentence doesn't belong in a changelog; the fact that the
> code is written in C++ is irrelevant to the fix, as is the fact that it
> involves adding an if.

You are right, I had this info there precisely as an explanation for
*you*. I have removed it now.

So I'm waiting for a go on instruction.

Best regards,
                 Filippo

--
Filippo Rusconi, PhD - CNRS - public key C78F687C
Author of ``massXpert''     at http://www.massxpert.org