Re: please migrate mhonarc package to testing

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 10:45:58AM -0800, Jeff Breidenbach wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 6:19 PM, Jeff Breidenbach <jeff@jab.org> wrote:
> >> diffstat: 61 files changed, 1502 insertions(+), 657 deletions(-)
> >> Is all of that necessary to fix the security issues?
> >
> > No.
> >
> > However, I do not have the ability to isolate (and especially validate)
> > just the security fixes. Additionally, it is conservative release that
> > should not break any existing installations. Therefore my formal opinion
> > as package maintainer is the entire 2.6.18 release should ship as the
> > security update. Here are links to the release notes so you can decide for
> > yourself.

Hi Jeff, Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

That diffstat is cerainly much larger than can be accepted at this stage
in the release. Have you contacted the security team about these? It's
possible to look at getting an update in after the release which fixes
these specific issues.

Thanks,
Neil
Q. Why is top posting bad?