RFC: tcptrack and #602232; any chance for squeeze?

Hi RMs,

I know you guys probably have enough on your plates right now, but I'd
appreciate if someone could spare a couple of minutes.
It's a pretty quick problem: I hadn't used the package for a while and
didn't notice it completely stopped working with the Squeeze kernel.
Granted, the bug was reported during soft-freeze, but I screwed up and
didn't react in time.

There is, however, a new upstream version which not only fixes this
issue, but also adds IPv6 support, making the possible solutions:

1) remove from squeeze
2) upload new version to squeeze, fixing this bug and adding IPv6 support
3) backport just fix to main issue into squeeze version (might be hard
finding the time for this)

I'd personally go for 2, even though we're in oh-so-deep-freeze, with
the rationale that it can't possibly get worse than the current status
(not working at all) and it would also help with the IPv6 goal. Plus,
the diff between versions is pretty straightforward (though not
particularly small; mostly refactoring to account for IPv6 support).

So, what's the verdict?

Cheers

--
Leo "costela" Antunes