Re: Request unblock for snort 2.8.5.2-5 (in 7 days)

On 1 January 2011 20:18, Javier Fernandez-Sanguino <jfs@computer.org> wrote:
> I will try to work on this in order to properly preserve local admin
> changes. It might take me some time, however, to get that fixed. In
> the meantime I will file a serious bug for the previous version too.

I have just uploaded version 2.8.5.2-6 to the archive hopefully fixing
#608590, i.e. the bug associated with *not* preserving local changes
done to configuration files.

Attached is both the full interdiff against the 2.8.5.2-2 release
(currently in testing) as well as a the changes to the 2.8.5.2-5
release (in sid). I had to do some extensive changes to the postinst
scripts of the packages in order to handle this bug.

I have tested upgrades from previous releases as well as new
installations to ensure that these changes work as expected under some
situations (preserve local changes when the files are edited on
upgrade, work on -reconfigure..). The code is heavily based on
x11-common's postinst code. In any case, more testing by others would
be helpful too.

I'm not sure I will have too much time throughout this week to keep on
testing different situations, but will try to.

Regards

Javier