Re: New slurm-llnl package for squeeze

On Sat, 2010-11-06 at 10:09 -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> On 6 November 2010 at 14:14, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> | >
> | > So I am totally confused. Does that mean there is no bug?
> |
> | Gennaro's proposed fix modifies two init scripts, only one of which
> | previously set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  The fix for that one script is fine,
> | the question was whether the change to the second script was intentional
> | and appropriate (as it will lead to an extra directory being added to
> | LD_LIBRARY_PATH which was not previously included).
>
> Thank you -- that's how I was reading the discussion to.
>
> But now I need a consensus recommendation as to what I should upload.  As the
> package was prepared by Gennaro, or with another alteration?

So far as I can see, Gennaro's modification to the second init script -
as is - doesn't make sense.  It adds $LIBDIR to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but
never defines LIBDIR.

I'd be happy with either reverting the modification to the
slurm-llnl-slurmdbd init script, or adding the definition of LIBDIR to
it (bringing it closer to upstream), but doing one without the other
seems wrong; it also means that if the environment happens to contain a
$LIBDIR at the time the init script is called then that will end up
being prepended to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH used in the script.

Gennaro - which approach you take is up to you.

Regards,

Adam