Re: Freeze exception for sssd?

[Julien Cristau]
> Indeed I'm more worried about it outputting garbage than failing
> outright.

I'm not, as it would simply bring the user back to the behaviour in
version 1.2.1-1, where the admin need to replace the config with his
own (the default with local database is not really providing the
service sssd is supposed to provide - ie remove directory and
authentication).  Bu default in 1.2.1-1, the configuration is the
equivalent of a no-op. :) The autoconfiguration will remove the need
for some admins (like me :) to provide configuration, while leaving
the rest as they were.

When that is said, I fail to see how a misbehaving host or ping could
cause incorrect configuration.  For that to happen, the bogus output
from host would have to be a valid hostname pointing to a LDAP server
with a useful root DSE with posixAccount or posixGroup objects, and I
doubt anyone will be able to set up a network where this could happen.

In short, I doubt the scenario you worry about can happen, and am
quite sure it will not happen in a real network where sssd is
installed.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen