Re: Freeze exception for sssd?

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 15:45:37 +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> Any news on this freeze exception request?  I believe the sssd package
> in squeeze is unreleasable with bug #594413 in place, so it would be
> very nice if a fix would make it into squeeze soon.

What's the behaviour of the package installation if ping and host, as
used by debian/generate-config, are not installed?  What if the 'host'
command comes from lenny's 'host' package, which doesn't have the same
command line parameters as bind9-host?  What if host returns an error
different from NXDOMAIN?
Overall that script looks quite fragile...

Cheers,
Julien