Re: Bits from the Release Team: Scheduling, transitions, how to help

Hi,

thanks for your mail!

Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> * Removal of OSS
>   Only three bugs remain to be resolved to get this release goal
>   achieved.
>
>   See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=debian-release@lists.debian.org;tag=oss-removal
>   for details.

"My" package gtick is one of them. It supports the OSS API for audio
output and unfortunately, I can't tell if I find the time to port it to
ALSA before the squeeze release. Any help/patches appreciated!

OTOH, gtick works fine with ALSA in compatibility mode. It already
depends on oss-compat, and there's also alsa-oss in testing. Please tell
me immediately if _both_ of them are planned to be removed for squeeze.
In this case, #566335 would be RC.

Besides, Petter Reinholdtsen also reported success in using padsp.

#566335 originally exists because of broken ALSA (alsaconf) settings of
individual systems. The problem isn't present in generic installations,
AFAIK.

Thanks,

Roland