Re: Please unblock ia32-libs/20101012

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 10:26:50AM +0200, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> A lesson we learned from Lenny is that ia32-libs is hardly security
> supportable if the libraries it contained aren't as much up to date as
> their 'normal' stable versions as possible. In the ideal situation we
> would release with a ia32-libs being completely up to date with the normal
> package versions, and the closer we get to that ideal the better security
> supportable it will be. Therefore I ask to please unblock 20101012 for
> squeeze.

It was the maintainer's decision to do changes way post-freeze that might not
be suitable for squeeze.  It is still possible to update the old one in squeeze
with newer packages without the packaging changes or fix the remaining issues
with ia32-libs in unstable.  (The versioning is a tad crazy for that, though.)

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern