exception for package: abiword
Hello Release Team,
There are ugly crash bugs in current abiword (2.8.2) that have been
dealt with in later releases.
I'm proposing an an exception to see that that the latest version is
included in squeeze. The katest abiword has now been uploaded to the FTP
archive's queue (2010-10-28; delayed/2).
The update of abiword was discussed in #debian-release 2010-10-20 12:46
(Josselin Mouette) with regards to the status of goffice being solved
first. This appears to be done according to
Maintainer: Jari Aalto <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 14:46:20 +0300
Closes: 498285 520424 552575 569272 577733 580346 586245
abiword (2.8.6-0.1) unstable; urgency=low
[ Jari Aalto ]
* Non-maintainer upload.
* New upstream release. Fixes:
- Can't open password protected ODT files (Closes: #577733).
- Scrolling with cursor keys is slow (important; Closes: #498285).
- Crash on occasions when importing OpenDocument files.
- Crash when trying to print (important; Closes: #580346).
- Crash on accessing Tools -> Thesaurus menu (normal; Closes: #569272).
- Crash on saving as PDF (normal; Closes: #520424).
- Crash on trying to access Help (normal: Closes: #586245).
- Crash on 3 MiB RTF file (normal; Closes: #552575);
- (Standards-Version): Update to 3.9.1.
- (fixes/svn-backports.diff): Remove. Obsoleted by new release
- (fixes/mime-types.diff): Refresh. Move abiword.desktop changes to
- (fixes/mime-types-desktop.diff): New file.
[ Hideki Yamane (Debian-JP) <email@example.com> ]
- (CC, CXX): Remove variables.
- (LDFLAGS): New variable. Move content from --as-needed from CC, CXX
variable. See bug #577871 for details.
- (Build-Depends): Add flex, bison.