[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: advice requested: requesting an unblock request for bup

On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 22:44 +0100, Jon Dowland wrote:
> On 13/10/10 06:38, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > You said that upgrading to 0.17 would make the size of repositories
> > increase in size, and I was wondering how big that increase was.
> Ah yes, good question.  I was going on the following para in [1]:
> I just performed a test, backing up 100M of urandom via bup 0.14a-2,
> then performing a second backup using current upstream git HEAD. And...
> I got no increase in the backup dir whatsoever.
> > Admittedly if there aren't many users of the old version then it may not
> > be a particular issue in practice.
> Despite not having proved anything substantial, I'm uncomfortable with
> the idea of this mythical "bump" hitting people after 2 years of backing
> up with 0.14-2 (worst-case scenario).

Yeah, I can understand that.

Neither bup nor python-tornado really meet the freeze criteria as they
currently stand.  However, as at least part of the delay in getting this
resolved was on my part I've decided to unblock them; this does assume
that no particularly heinous bugs in either package are uncovered
between now and the release.



Reply to: