Re: Upload permission for PySide

On Sun, 2010-09-26 at 10:46 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 21:49:33 +0200, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> > So from here I see some options (with my opinion in parentheses)
> > i)  Removing PySide from Squeeze
> >     (I think it would be sad).
> > ii) Keeping the current PySide in Squeeze and request the maintainer (me) to
> >     provide patched versions
[...]
> > iii) Allow the PySide version currently in experimental to unstable->squeeze
[...]
> > iv) Allow me to upload the latest upstream releases to experimental and report
> >     the discussion to later times, with more recent upstream releases
[...]
> > So personally I would rank the options from latter to first: iv) is preferable,
> > i) is the least preferable.
> >
> I would rank them pretty much the opposite way.  It seems to me that if
> the bindings are still fast moving then whatever version we ship will be
> too old when users for them appear.

To be honest, I'm inclined to agree with Julien here, at least in terms
of not being keen on the idea of importing the chain from experimental
to testing at this point.

The fact that those packages are already an upstream version behind does
leave me with a worry that they'll be obsolete already by the time
Squeeze is released.

Regards,

Adam