Bug#599378: unblock: debootstrap
debootstrap in squeeze is currently 1.0.23, there have been two versions in
unstable since then. Here are the changelog entries
debootstrap (1.0.25) unstable; urgency=low
* Remove debug statement that slipped in.
* Add test to guard against devices.tar.gz being empty.
* /dev/MAKEDEV cannot be relied on (udev likes to make it a symlink to
true). Always use /sbin/MAKEDEV. Closes: #598080
-- Joey Hess <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sun, 26 Sep 2010 13:18:31 -0400
debootstrap (1.0.24) unstable; urgency=low
[ Miguel Figueiredo ]
* Apply patches from by Jonathan Klee and Guillaume Chauvel
to add support to https (closes: #521196).
[ Colin Watson ]
* Add (Ubuntu) natty as a symlink to gutsy.
[ Joey Hess ]
* Add support for wheezy. Closes: #597461
-- Joey Hess <email@example.com> Sun, 19 Sep 2010 21:40:00 -0400
I asked joeyh if these were important for squeeze,
<taggart> debootstrap is currently 1.0.23 in squeeze, do you think .24 or
.25 should go in?
<taggart> I am going to update the lenny backport, so I thought I'd check
<joeyh> yes, we need support for stable+1 in stable
<taggart> ok, should we file a bug on release.debian.org (or maybe just ask
in #debian-release or something)?
<joeyh> yeah - can you?
<joeyh> wouldn't hurt to age it an extra 10 days imho
<taggart> it's 10 days now, do you mean 10 more?
<joeyh> yes.. the bug in .24 would not be noticed by patch review..
Please consider unblocking debootstrap once it's had sufficient aging.