Re: Gwibber 2.32.0-1 in unstable

On Sun, 03 Oct 2010, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> On 10/03/2010 03:32 PM, Kartik Mistry wrote:
> >Rational:
> >+ Current Gwibber 1.2.x is not supported by upstream.
> >+ Twitter doesn't work due to OAuth authentication by Twitter.
> >+ 2.32.x branch is more stable than 1.2.x
> >
> >I know I'm late. One solution for above issue is make backport
> >available when we release, but I would like to know your thoughts.
>
> The diff is too large. No, sorry.

What about users of gwibber that want to follow twitter?

Please reconsider. For reference, many users have been using gwibber from
experimental (me included) because it's the only one working right now.

Those "no the diff is too large" are fine when what we have is working but
right now we have an unfiled RC bug "gwibber doesn't work with twitter"
and it can only be fixed with a new upstream version.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer ◈ [Flattr=20693]

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)